Over many years, Jorg has become a dependable and reliable asset to the people he works with. Combining his niche background in environmental science, hydrology, geospatial intelligence, GIS, IT and business consulting, Jorg amplifies his clients’ ability to re-engineer and improve their processes. Jorg is trusted, his approach cohesive and refined. People know they can count on him for strategic thinking, as well as the implementation of every tiny project detail – he leaves no stone unturned.
Jorg works predominantly in environment-related fields and delivers projects for clients big and small. Jorg has worked on a large number of projects for a diverse range of key clients such as BHP Billiton Iron Ore; Fortescue Metals Group; the federal Department of Environment, the Western Australian Department of Water; the Department of Industry and Resources WA Water Corporation; and the Bureau of Meteorology to name only a few.
He worked in different roles, including project management, lead business analyst and as strategic consultant. Some relevant examples of the work he has undertaken are provided below.
- Project Manager for FMG’s Asset Information Management Enterprise System, a Digital Twin based visualisation of processing plant infrastructure with backend connectivity to underlying information systems such as SCADA, Document Management, SAP, Asset Health Manager, etc.
- Project Manager and Business Analyst for FMG’s Rail LiDAR Feature Extraction project and the Rail Inline GIS – responsible for scoping of a LiDAR scan of the full FMG railway system and visualisation of linear assets using Inline.
- Project Manager and Lead Business Analyst for PTA’s Rail Network Information System: implementing a GIS-based document discovery application linking GIS and the PTA’s document management system. Work involved significant data back capture to data capture and 1Doc integration.
- Project Manager for collation of BHP’s Annual Environmental Report to ensure the timely delivery of this 500+ page compliance document to the regulator (BHP, 2010 – ongoing).
- Project Manager and Lead Analyst for the development of BHP’s new Landuse Data Capture Process involving business process review, user needs analysis, migration of data from GIS into an environmental database, change management with regulatory authorities and site environmental personnel.
- Project Manager and lead analyst to scope and implement the Index for Biodiversity Surveys for Assessments (IBSA) and for the establishment of the Index for Marine Surveys for Assessments (IMSA) including the initial seed data capture for both projects. Both solutions were implemented as part of BioCollect (an instance of the Atlas of Living Australia owned by CSIRO in Canberra). IBSA went live on 01/05/2018, IMSA went live on 11/03/2020.
- Project Manager to implement FMG’s Land Management System (LMS) – an internal system to obtain approvals to access land or to disturb ground for mining purposes at FMG. The system includes integration with SAP and environmental approvals databases as well as a direct integration with FMG’s GIS system. LMS went live on 31 May 2017.
- Spatial Subject Matter Expert (SME) working with MMG to develop a GIS Strategy. Work included the capture of user requirements at the MMG Melbourne headquarter as well as on site at MMG’s operations in Laos. A conceptual architecture was developed and data and application governance structures were documented.
- Jorg was engaged to undertake a historic review of Perth Airport’s underground storage tank sites, to identify potential sites, undertake site visits and perform a risk assessment. All identified sites were captured into a geodatabase for integration into the Perth Airport’s GIS.